Naturopathic medicine is a gentle and deep form of healing that treats the whole person, addresses the cause of illness, and aims to build a strong foundation of health that will prevent future illness.
Naturopathic Doctors see each patient as an individual and spend 60-90 minutes at the first visit to listen to your entire health history. Natural therapies such as nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, and hydrotherapy are selected to create individualized wellness plans that are aimed at addressing the underlying imbalances in your health issues.
It is always our goal to utilize the least invasive therapies needed to achieve health. Sometimes this may include pharmaceutical medications. Because Indiana is a pre-licensed state for naturopathic medicine, you will need to receive any necessary pharmaceutical medications from your primary care physician.
WHEN TO SEE A NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR
1. You want a doctor who will treat all of you, not just your illness.
2. You want a personalized treatment plan uniquely tailored to you, your health status, your health goals, and your lifestyle.
3. You want to treat the root cause of an illness, not just the symptoms.
4. You want to actively participate in managing your own health.
5. You have chronic pain and don’t want to use pharmaceutical drugs such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or highly addictive opioids to manage it forever.
6. You have tried all conventional medical options for diagnosing and treating a health condition but still don't feel your best.
Adapted from naturopathic.org